Parks in general and California Hills in this instance
California Hills is designated a Community Grade II park.
Please see extract from Dublin City Parks Strategy 2017 – 2022
The majority of parks within the administrative area are Community Grade1 (approx. 279 hectares) or Grade 2 (approx. 438 hectares) parks.The Community Parks are defined into two grades as follows:Community Grade 1 Serve local communities, have a good range of amenities and have a high standard of design or horticultural presentation. Community Grade 2 Serve local communities and have a range of amenities or are primarily used for active recreation.
Purpose and Function of Community Parks:
• Serves local communities and acts as a focal point
• Provides natural environment connections, specialised functions and features
• Can connect to other City Parks through natural features and trails
• Provides active and passive recreation
• Can range in size and shape
• Can contain natural heritage or cultural features
• Have a good range of amenities
• High standard design or horticultural presentation
• Within walking distance of communities
• Adequate provision of parking